We’re proud to announce the launch of the Hyjeia open source decontamination project at Hackerfarm. …
If you’re an English speaker currently in Japan and cannot fluently read Japanese, things may be confusing right now. We’ve compiled a list of links and resources where you can find real time information on the current Covid-19 status in Japan in English:
Japan Specific Links in English
- Covid-19 Situation Report in Japan
- Nice summary information of Covid-19 data in Japan
- Japan Coronavirus Map
- Not exactly in English, but very useful with Chrome and Google Translate turned on. It’s a great map that lists the locations of all known cases in Japan and updated daily. It’s great if you live in less populous areas, but recently places like Tokyo are getting saturated with case points.
- Japan Covid-19 Tracker
- This site gives multiple charts and graphs of the Covid-19 situation in Japan. It also provides the data in a chart format and provides helpful links for further info.
- Tokyo Covid19 Tracker
- This site is put out by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and lists specific information and real-time data for Tokyo
- Reddit r/JapanLife Megathread
- r/JapanLife is a forum for people in Japan to ask questions. They made a special megathread where people can post information and news regarding Covid-19. They’re currently on their third megathread because it fills up with comments so quickly.
- Kyodo News English
- Kyodo News is a nonprofit cooperative news agency and distributes news in Japan to multiple newspapers and other news outlets. It can be thought of as the Japanese version of the Associated Press.
- NHK World News
- NHK World News is the English site of NHK which is the Japanese national news network. It’s equivalent to BBC in the UK.
- Mainichi News English
- This is the English website for the Japanese Mainichi newspaper.
- US Embassy
- This is a special page set up by the US Embassy for Covid-19. It has important information, especially for US nationals, on the current situation as well as links to government sites, phone numbers, and information from the US.
- JNTO Emergency Guide
- JNTO, the Japan National Tourist Organization, has an emergency guide for tourists that need to seek medical attention in Japan. It has a searchable list of medical institutions based on area as well as phone numbers that can be called if medical attention is needed.
- JNTO Hotline
- If you are ill or suspect you may be ill, you can find more information in English at the JNTO hotline.
General Links to Covid-19 Information
- Worldometers Coronavirus Page
- Real time stats globally on the Covid-19 pandemic
There are many more information resources available and we will be adding to this list as we get more links.
Stay safe and keep planting! From all of us at Hackerfarm.